District Holds Fine Arts Festival this Weekend

Lily Sanders

On December 3-4, Lovejoy Fine Arts will be able to perform for the public and show off their amazing skills! The event is packed with activities to keep everyone entertained, from pictures with Santa, to the art galleries from the lower schools, teachers and students encourage you to come! Students have been working so hard for this moment, and can’t wait to have their family and friends come and watch them.

“I’m super excited for the Fine Arts Festivals” said Darby Collins, 7. “I love fine arts and this is my first one. All arts impress me, music, theatre, actual art, I love them all.”

Due to the football game on Friday, many of the concerts are postponed and rescheduled for a date after school either this week or next week. The stress is on, for some students their performance is closer than before, while others get some extra time to prepare and add some final touches. 

“Orchestra doesn’t get much more time to prepare, because the performance was on a Saturday and now its on a Monday,” Said Claire Wu, a seventh-grade Chamber orchestra student. “I’m actually really excited for the festival itself because we have been preparing some really cool Christmas music and I really want to see what the other art divisions have been doing.”

All the fine arts teachers are so proud of the commitment and the hard work their students have put in and can’t wait to see them share their talents with the Lovejoy ISD families. 

“I’m most excited about just being able to go and ‘experience the arts’,” said Ameena Chowdhury, 7. “It will be fun to walk around, look at some art pieces, listen to some music performances, and just admire everything that students have done! I heavily encourage everyone to come and have fun as well!”

Even with some events postponed, fine arts teachers and students encourage you to come and can assure you the performances will be outstanding. All the artists (and myself) hope to see you there.