Movies Being Released in February 2021

Sydney Cole, Newspaper Writer

After a year of postponed movies and closed theaters during COVID lockdown, many new films are set to release in 2021 and beyond. Here’s a look at the movie lineup:

Malcolm and Marie

Malcolm and Marie is an R-rated movie featuring Zendaya, from Euphoria and Disney channel, along with John David Washington of Tenet (2020). This movie comes out on Netflix on February 5, 2021 and was directed by Sam Levinson who is best known for directing and creating the HBO series Euphoria.

The film is a black and white drama about a filmmaker and his girlfriend’s relationship. After his successful movie premiere , the couple’s love is tested by new revelations.

Munzenrieder, Kyle. ‘Malcolm & Marie’ Trailer: Here Comes the Zendaya Oscar Buzz. 8 Jan. 2021, www.wmagazine.com/story/zendaya-malcolm-marie-movie/. 

To All The Boys: Always and Forever

To All The Boys: Always and Forever is the third and final movie in a series based on the books written by Jenny Han. The film is being released on Netflix on February 12, 2021. The movies are directed by Micheal Firmognari, who’s known for The Haunting of Hill House (2018), and Doctor Sleep (2019). 

The films are based around Lara Jean-Covey (Lana Condor) and Peter Kavinsky (Noah Centineo) who are falling in love and overcoming the challenges that come their way. The third movie is centered around Lara Jean and Peter’s senior year of high school, and her plans for college, some with Peter and some without. Two life-changing trips make her rethink her plans for the future.

Bonner, Mehera. “The Trailer for the Final ‘To All the Boys’ Movie Is FINALLY Here.” Cosmopolitan, Cosmopolitan, 13 Jan. 2021, www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/movies/a30895403/to-all-the-boys-3-date-news-spoilers/.0

Flora and Ulysses

Flora and Ulysses is based on a book by Kate Dicamillo. Flora (Matilda Lawler), a cynic who loves comics, meets a squirrel who has a knack for helping her and the people she loves, takes on the role of Flora’s own personal superhero. The film release date is February 19, 2021, on Disney+. The director, Lena Khan, is in the very beginning of her directing career, this movie being her second film.

Harrison, Alexander, and Alexander Harrison (31 Articles Published) Alex is a freelance Movie/TV News writer at Screen Rant. After graduating from Brown University with a B.A. in English. “Disney+ Flora & Ulysses Trailer Is Not The Squirrel Girl Movie We Wanted.” ScreenRant, 14 Jan. 2021, screenrant.com/flora-ulysses-movie-trailer-poster-squirrel-disney/. 

Billie Eilish: The World’s a Little Blurry

Billie Eilish: The World’s a Little Blurry is a deeply intimate documentary about the life of teenage ten time Grammy nominated singer Billie Eilish. The documentary follows the artist on the road, on stage, and at her home, writing and recording her life-changing debut album, When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go. The film is directed by R.J. Culter, who also directed documentaries such as The Kingmaker (2019) and The World According to Dick Cheney (2013). The film is coming out on February 26, 2021, and will be released as an Apple TV film

Billie Eilish: The World’s a Little Blurry. www.apple.com/tv-pr/originals/billie-eilish-the-worlds-a-little-blurry/. 

Due to COVID-19, lots of people are cautious about going into movie theaters to watch movies, so many new streaming services have been created this last year. Now after a few months since the nation-wide lockdown, movies have been coming out everywhere, online and in theaters. These are only a few films, but they have been anticipated for such a long time.