7th grade A Team Being Quarantined

Meadow Louria , Newspaper Writer

WSMS 7th grade Lady Leopards basketball team have been hit with a major setback. The physical contact of basketball has resulted in the ‘A’ team being quarantined, but ‘C’ and ‘B’ teams continue playing through the season. 

“We aren’t being drastically affected, but we still have to make sure to separate, and we have to wear our masks while we are warming up and stretching. Coaches Hulme and Coonrod were fairly strict about COVID-19 at the beginning of the season, but now that the ‘A’ team is quarantined, Coach Hulme is being more cautionary about it. We did have a talk about the ‘A’ team being quarantined and about the game where the ‘A’ team wouldn’t be playing,” said Sydney Cole, ‘B’ team.

Now that a big change has occurred, the caution level has increased. All the coaches and players want to ensure that this won’t occur again. 

“When my team had been quarantined, we all were in shock because we didn’t know that it was going to happen so quickly. As well as, we don’t have as big of an opportunity to bond and practice together. We all are in this together, and we all know that we need to take it more seriously so that we will get to come back and have an amazing time on the court.” said Brennan Poppens.

Poppens still maintains a positive and hopeful attitude that her team will be more prepared going through the rest of the season. 

Since the ‘A’ team is also not able to play, they could change the roster and have some girls on A team be playing ‘C’ team since they do not have a game,” said Annie Levin, 7. 

Our ‘A’ team is very eager to come back on campus and finish the rest of the basketball season strong.