AirPods or Beats?

Angelina Wang, Leopard Life Staff Writer

Since 1910, the development of earphones and headphones has changed and is more beneficial to everyone that uses them because of new designs, devices, and ideas. 

“AirPods are great because one, they’re comfortable and they’re Bluetooth, and while you may lose them, you can charge them on the go,” said Alex Marquez, 8.

Apple has now made brand-new, wireless earbuds that will alter the future. They are named AirPod and AirPod pro. These earbuds are water-resistant and have a battery life of more than 24 hours. The AirPods come in 8 colors and are very portable. Many WSMS students have AirPods because it’s another status symbol, like an iPhone or Apple Watch. Some people buy them just because it’s new and popular.

“Beats are nice because I like the sound better and are more comfortable than AirPods,” said Brooke Starr, 7.

Beats Electronics developed the new wireless headphones named Beats. These headphones have phone call controls, noise cancellation, and a fast charge of 5 minutes for 3 hours of playback. These award-winning Beats have an adjustable fit with comfort-cushioned ear cups made for everyday listening ease. The design is sleek, durable and foldable to go everywhere you go.

“I think Beats are better because the sound quality is way nicer than AirPods,” said Jagger Brown, 8.

Both ear devices have well-designed interiors and exteriors, and both are popular with celebrities.  AirPods are easy to carry, while Beats are larger and require more steps for storing away. Beats have more noise cancellation while AirPods don’t cancel out the sound that much. 

Both devices offer many benefits, so the final takeaway for the consumer is to decide on what is most important, portability or sound quality. You, the consumer, will decide what works best for you.