The fourth season of My Hero Academia hits screens globally

Evelyn Tsai, Leopard Life Staff Writer

Since Oct. 12, 2019, the fourth season of the anime adaptation of My Hero Academia, written and illustrated by Kōhei Horikoshima, has aired around the world to satisfy fans.

“I really like its unique concept and every single character has their own backstory that’s super unique and different and different to other animes that I’ve watched,” said Chloe Russel, 8.

My Hero Academia, also known as Boku no Hero Academia, is a superhero shōnen anime based around Izuku Midoriya. He was born quirkless in a world where everyone has a quirk, or a power, and the anime follows his adventure to gain one and become a hero.

“I really like Nighteye. I think that he is a good foil to the bombastic personality of All Might. He’s the right teacher for Deku because he has a very clinical approach,” said Mr. Allen, student teacher.

Although he doesn’t have any remarkable physical abilities, Sir Nighteye’s intelligence and quirk helped him become a pro hero. His quirk, foresight, allows him to see a target’s future for up to an hour.

“The entire Big Three, I love them so much. Mirio is super powerful and I feel like he’s going to be so much help to Izuku,” said Russel.

Mirio Togata is a third year in UA, an elite hero school, and on his path to become a pro hero. His quirk, permeation, lets him slip through physical objects with ease.

“I love his [Overhaul] character design and as a villain, I think he’s a really strong character,” said Russel.

Overhaul, a villain in the League of Villains, is a new character, introduced at the end of Season 3. He is depicted as a short haired brunette wearing a plague mask, and his quirk allows him to assemble and disassemble anything he touches.

“…It’s got a lot of flare, there’s a lot of application. Horikoshi uses them very well and his pacing is really good; and the way he develops his characters as well as the quirks is generally a good solid progression; and it makes the story richer,” said Allen.

Fans are excited for the new season – to see characters, old and new, and where it will go.