Willow Springs Orchestra compete in the All-Region Competition

Luke Wright, Leopard Life Co Editor

Lovejoy ISD held several of their top orchestra performers to audition for this year’s All-Region at Allen High School on October 19.

“I think we can do really well this year because we are more prepared than last year and have more people auditioning,” said Alex Simpkins, 8.

Last year 4 WSMS orchestra students, all violin players, made it into the all-region orchestra. This year they plan to earn more chairs in the orchestra.

“Last year was pretty good, but not many of us made it past the auditions,” said Simpkins.

One promising difference from last year is the new lot of seventh graders on campus providing new sets of skills. 

“There are a lot of seventh-graders this year that I think are pretty good that will maybe make it,” said David Wang, 7.

To celebrate the welcoming of new performers to the all-region orchestra, performance will be held on November 14 at Allen High School. 

“The all-region performance is really impressive, and it is an honor to get to perform in it,” said Wang.

With the hope for success and a set of new students, this year in all-region is looking good for Willow Springs. The students that will be performing in the all-region concert are the following; Alissa Chang, David Wang, Niina Wheeler, Thomas Clancy, Hannah Mao, Aarathi Devakumar, Alex Simpkins, and Jocelyn Kim.