What to look forward to after High School

Selene Thompson, Leopard Life Staff Writer

Around the world, it’s difficult for a student to choose what they want to do after high school— here are some professional tips and advice. 

I think it’s important to know what your options are after high school, as most students will be 18, and their adult lives have begun. It will be time perhaps to leave home and begin adventures as a young adult,” said Kay Bordelon, WSMS Counselor. 

There are numerous goals to work towards; many differ greatly, but the majority seem too tough to choose from. 

“There are so many options [for students]: community college, four-year universities, trade schools, military, service work, and on-the-job-training,”  said Mrs. Bordelon.

There are many opportunities for students: getting a higher education, going straight to work, or going to a school focusing on a specific job such as being a plumber or an electrician.

“I want to do something in the visual art field,” said Lane Bellar, 8. 

Students have to work hard for what they want. Dreams and goals are a big part of choosing what to do for a career.

“Dreams become goals, and goals with a lot of work become reality,” said Lauren Rogers, 8.  

No matter what the circumstances are, no matter if you’re like Anthony Ramos or like Oprah Winfrey, the possibilities are there. The options show as long as students work for what they want, and have a plan for after high school.