A little change can lead to a lot of improvement

They key to a healthy lifestyle is forming healthy habits.

-graphic by india ingham, graphics editor

LeopardLife Elaina Johnson and Ahmed Bouafif, Staff Writers

Vegetables, sleep, exercise, these are a part of being healthy and dieting. There are many aspects to being healthy, including physical activity, watching what one eats, and taking care of our bodies.

According to many researchers, dieting can be both good and bad for the human body. Dieting that is healthy for the body helps people lose weight,increase their strength, and overall have a healthy lifestyle. Unhealthy dieting can lead to being malnourishment, which can cause failure to the liver and other organs and can sometimes even lead to death.

“Being healthy helps me physically and mentally because it helps you athletically by helping you not get tired quickly, and it also helps you mentally by boosting your confidence and helping with stress,” eighth-grader, Hannah Oliver, said.

Research has shown that healthy habits prevent certain illnesses, such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes, certain cancers, and many other diseases. Being healthy also impacts sports performance, and can even impact academics. Being healthy does not just have to do with eating the right things, it also has to do with how much sleep one gets.

“Being healthy can help me mentally and physically. When you’re healthy you know what your eating, you know what is going into your body,” seventh-grader, Adam Greenwald, said.

Whenever someone is are on a diet they know what ones eating and are more alert. Making changes in a diet like on extra apple can go a long way. Exercising can also make an individual  healthy by making them stronger and faster.

“Being healthy helps me physically and mentally by helping you be positive and being strong. Keeping yourself on a diet can make you lose weight and it gives you confidence,” seventh-grader, Michaela Amabile, said.

There are many people who stay healthy just by maintaining a healthy lifestyle such as going to bed on time, not eating or drinking to much sugar, staying off of drugs and alcohol, and getting the right amount exercise. There are also many of shows and books on how to stay healthy.

“Making little changes to your diet can make you happier and it can also make you stronger and faster. Exercising helps me boost my confidence and helps me be stronger and faster,” Amabile said.

Being healthy helps people mentally and physically by boosting people’s confidence and making them stronger and faster and also helps others relieve stress when there is exercise involved.

“Well if your healthy mentally you do better in classes, you do better in school work and academics so it makes you feel better about yourself emotionally and physically. Physically it helps with the emotions and stuff if you get exercise is reduces those emotions and brings your spirits up,” WSMS nurse, Gretchen Young, said.