Basketball ends with a swish

Jackson+Wood+looks+to+pass+late+fourth-quarter+against+Ereckson+during+regular+season.+
Jackson Wood looks to pass late fourth-quarter against Ereckson during regular season.

- photo by Preston Jones

- photo by Preston Jones

LeopardLife Will Doig and Margo Friloux, Staff Writer

-Eliza Coit, special to LeopardLife & photo editor Rosette yearbook
Pete Peabody tips the ball off.

-Preston Jones
The Leopard basketball teams started on a good note and aimed to finish strong.

The eighth-grade boys’ A-team has so far lived up to its expectations with a 3-2 record coming into a home game on Thursday against Curtis. As the boys look to get another win the  B-team looks to go 4-2 and the C-team looks to stay on the winning streak into 5-1.

“The basketball season is going great the team is doing great and we are looking to win our last few games,” eighth-grade (A-team) player, Garrett Norwood, said.

The seventh-grade boys’ A-team has started on a solid note with a record of 3-3, however, for the B-and C-teams, they have begun with an undefeated 6-0 record coming into Monday’s home game against Curtis.

“This season is going well. We are starting to come together very well as a team and are beginning to develop chemistry,” seventh-grade A-team player, Parker Patel, said.

The seventh-grade girls’ A- and B-team has begun the season with an unforgettable start as the A team has started 5-1 and the B team 6-0. The seventh-grade girls C-team has a record of 4-2. The girls A-team is looking to get back on track after a loss to Ford, as the B-team is looking to stay undefeated. The girls C-team looks to go back on the winning streak while all the girls get ready for a game coming up against Curtis at Curtis Middle School

“The season is going great A-and B-team are playing great and C-team is 4-2. I think we will stay above the line the whole season because we have a great group of girls. The one thing I’m looking forward to is the tournament because it’s a lot of fun to be with your team and play basketball,” seventh-grade A-team player, Avery Lytle, said.

The eighth-grade girls’ teams have a game coming up on Thursday against Curtis away as the A team comes into the game 2-3. The B- and C-teams hope to get back on track with a current record of 1-4 coming Thursday’s game at Curtis Middle School.

“The season is going pretty good. I’m hoping we continue to get more wins on our record. I’m looking forward towards the end of the season to having fun and improving our skills,” eighth-grade A-team player, Katelyn Lanman, said.