All it takes is kindness to ‘pave the way to a whole new world’

LeopardLife Audrey McCaffity, Staff Writer

Wonder,” a new movie adapted from the award-winning novel in theaters Nov. 17, shares the story of a young boy with facial deformities and his journey through school. As a result of these differences, he is bullied. Everyone is human, so there is no need to mistreat others as they did in the novel.

Being bullied is an experience that many people go through in life. Whether the individual is young or old, it can leave lasting effects. “Wonder” spreads the message of choosing kindness, something everyone should do. Kindness is something that the world needs a little more of at this point in time. Everyone can make a difference, just decide which path to take.

Eliminating bullying would raise confidence in everyone even though it may not seem like it at the time. When someone is being bullied, it can be obvious, but most times the victim is afraid to talk about it. Keeping these feelings to themselves can often lead to the students feeling worse than they were before.  With all of the emotions of being bullied built up, many people lose self-confidence while the bully feels better and better about themself. Self-confidence is the first step to having a successful life, so eliminating bullying would create a healthier society.

Choosing being kind over being right, no matter how hard it can be, is always the better choice. By choosing to be kind, anyone can change the world one step at a time. Life is always going to present the world with challenges no one can prepare for, but remembering that communicating will help the world get closer to being perfect than closer to being right.

There are many things that humans cannot control in life, but everyone can control themselves. Everyone controls their own life. There are so many excuses that can be made and getting caught up in that means not realizing what has happened, but slowly everyone begins to realize what they did they learn, they try again, and they don’t quit. Everyone gets to choose what type of person they want to be, and by choosing to be a compassionate person anyone can pave the way to a whole new world.

One small act of kindness may not change the world overnight, but the person that was helped or even just showed a smile may have had their life changed forever. It doesn’t matter how big or how small, just try to do something nice because it is the ethical thing to do.

When being kind, always choose to do it with the right mind. Don’t just choose kind because it is what everyone expects of each other, choose kind because kind is right.