Layla Healey, Editor in Chief

Layla Healey, born Nov. 12, 2002, is addicted to 2 Cars, a game that is downloadable to a IOS and Android smartphones. She isn’t addicted to it because she’s good at it, but rather because she can’t get past her personal best of one. What makes it even worse, you ask? Her brother, eight, is a pro at it, and she genuinely does not know why. 
Saying that Layla loves baby animals would be an understatement. According to her, she would adopt any baby animal if it needed a home, regardless of how many she already had. Previously, she owned a baby skunk. And yes, it was cute. As of now though, Healey has three hamsters that look so alike that she named them all Charlie, along with a sinister cat, a fish, and a dog as well.
	One can regularly spot Layla sleeping, eating, running, watching Netflix, or jamming out in her room to her mix on Spotify that is specifically dedicated to the upbeat and happy music that she dances to, such as High School Musical and other popular artists today such as Shawn Mendes, Meghan Trainor, and Justin Bieber. Layla prefers to wear sweatpants and/or a sweatshirt rather than something else. 
	Girly things are not Layla’s forte. She considers herself to be an amateur in both areas of painting nails and doing hair. She’d much rather just tie her hair in a bun and be done with it. According to her, she has no time for it.
	Layla loves to read, especially romance, horror, mystery, and sad stories, such as The Fault In Our Stars (a personal favorite of hers). And as usual, with a love for reading comes a love for writing that’s she’s possessed for a very long time. Because of her passion for writing, Layla decided to give Journalism a shot, which resulted in a great year as staff writer that lead up to the amazing position of Editor-in-Chief!

Layla Healey, born Nov. 12, 2002, is addicted to 2 Cars, a game that is downloadable to a IOS and Android smartphones. She isn’t addicted to it because she’s good at it, but rather because she can’t get past her personal best of one. What makes it even worse, you ask? Her brother, eight, is a pro at it, and she genuinely does not know why. Saying that Layla loves baby animals would be an understatement. According to her, she would adopt any baby animal if it needed a home, regardless of how many she already had. Previously, she owned a baby skunk. And yes, it was cute. As of now though, Healey has three hamsters that look so alike that she named them all Charlie, along with a sinister cat, a fish, and a dog as well. One can regularly spot Layla sleeping, eating, running, watching Netflix, or jamming out in her room to her mix on Spotify that is specifically dedicated to the upbeat and happy music that she dances to, such as High School Musical and other popular artists today such as Shawn Mendes, Meghan Trainor, and Justin Bieber. Layla prefers to wear sweatpants and/or a sweatshirt rather than something else. Girly things are not Layla’s forte. She considers herself to be an amateur in both areas of painting nails and doing hair. She’d much rather just tie her hair in a bun and be done with it. According to her, she has no time for it. Layla loves to read, especially romance, horror, mystery, and sad stories, such as The Fault In Our Stars (a personal favorite of hers). And as usual, with a love for reading comes a love for writing that’s she’s possessed for a very long time. Because of her passion for writing, Layla decided to give Journalism a shot, which resulted in a great year as staff writer that lead up to the amazing position of Editor-in-Chief!

-photo by carrie duke

-photo by carrie duke